The other day I was yearning after good weather and higher spirits. Started planning the day’s menu at the coffee table. I peaked into the fridge and found the last packet of mushrooms. Decided to take a trip to late summer.
This dish takes me back to late summer and Sunday evenings when we get back home from the summer cottage. At the same time it takes me to Tuscany. It is is very quick to cook and delicious. The best part is, of course, the very mushrooms that you’ve picked with your own hands.
Pasta with forest mushrooms
mushrooms – chantrelles, seps or mixed mushrooms(I use mushrooms that I’ve prepaired and frozen, just need to thaw them for a couple of hours)
This is what you need for 2 people
2 – 3 dl mushrooms ( chanterelle, c ep or mixed, I use mushrooms that I’ve sautéed and frozen, just need to thaw them for a couple of hours)
1 small onion
1 garlic glove
1-1 ½ dl water or consommé (I use liquid consommé dissolved in boiled water)
black pepper, salt, mild paprika powder, thyme
½ tbl tomato pyrée
1 tbl grated celeriac
spaghetti or tagliatelle, 150-200g per person
freshly grated Parmesan (choose ecological Parmesan)
- Set a large pan full of water on the stove for the pasta. Boil the water. Add the pasta and add salt. Make the sauce while the pasta is cooking. (If you use fresh pasta reverse the order – first the sauce and then the pasta).
- Prepare the mushrooms if you are not using frozen ones. Heat a large frying pan and add the mushrooms. The mushrooms will start to cry after a while and you have to cook them until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Heat a large frying pan and add olive oil. Sauté the onions and garlic, add the mushrooms. Let simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the water and the grated celeriac.
- Season with black pepper, salt, paprika powder and a dash of tomato pyrée. Alternatively you can use fresh tomatoes. Add spices to your own taste. A touch of dried thyme or a twig of fresh thyme.
- Mix the pasta and the sauce in the pan. Let sit under the lid for a minute or two. Pour into a pre-heated serving bowl. Serve with Parmesan and a good Chianti. Enjoy!