Here you have another veggie dish my friends. I love beetroot and eat them throughout the year. For now I have to make do with last year’s beetroot. This is again one of those easy and quick to make dishes for weekdays. I don’t know if you agree that 50 min is quick but the dish is in the oven for 40 min and you can do lots of things in the meanwhile. You can make it into a weekend one if you serve it with for example a steak or roast.
This is what you need for four portions:
5 beetroot bulbs (washed and cleaned, not peeled)
2 carrots (washed and cleaned, not peeled)
2 garlic cloves
1 red onion
salt and pepper
100 g chevre
1. Rinse and clean the vegetables and slice them into thin slices. Wear rubber gloves if you’re afraid the beetroot colouring your fingers.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
3. Mix all the ingredients except the chevre in a large bowl. Grease an oven pan and pour everything in it.
4. Cook for 30 min on the bottom of the oven. This will make the slices crisp.
5. Cut the chevre into thin slices and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve as such or with potatoes of your choice and green salad.