aka salmon soup with traces of Thailand (thaidoftande laxsoppa)
This is one of my favourite quick fish soup recipes. We eat a lot of fish here in Finland and you can make this with salmon or another type of fish. The salmon is, however, a greasy fish and suits this recipe well.
It takes about 20 minutes to cook the soup. We usually have it for lunch but it could be a starter just as well. This is what you need for two people:
2 tbls oil
1 – 2 tbls chili paste (red or green, choose according to taste)
300 g salmon or other fish
leek or spring onion
2 dl coconut cream
2 dl fish stock
100 – 150 g noodles
1/2 red chili pepper
- Clean the fish leaving the skin on and cut it into pieces that fit in your kettle.
- Heat the oil and stir in the curry paste.
- Add the fish stock and the fish. Let cook at a low temperature until the fish is done.
- Skin the fish pieces and sieve the stock. Add the coconut cream, stir and add the fish.
- Cook the noodles in a separete pot and as instructed in the package.
- Cut the leek into thin stirpes. Seed the chili pepper and cut it into small pieces.
- Put everything together on the plate or a soup bowl for each eater. First take some noodles, then ladle in some broth with salmon and, last, decorate with leek, chili pepper and coriander. Squeeze in some lime.