I went to the grocery store yesterday with ingredients for a British fish pie on the shopping list. Yes, a British dish! I have this fabulous British cookbook Fabulous Fish and it has got this fish pie recipe. However, I changed my mind when I saw the gorgeous Norwegian salmon at the fish counter. I’ll share the fish pie recipe another time.
Well, I got this beautiful fish of 2.4 kilos. I took the bones and all with me for a fish soup but decided on something lighter for dinner. That was salmon with fettucini in lemon sauce.
This is an easy and quick-to-make weekday dinner. It takes about half an hour to make it. The recipe is for two.
250 g fresh fettuccini
rind and juice of half a lemon
handful of herbs (parsley, rosemary, dill, basil)
1 dl double cream
2 tsp strong fish stock
salt and pepper
200 g salmon fillet with skin
1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and let it draw for 20 minutes.
- Cook a large pan of water for the pasta. Heat a large pan for the fish. Cook the pasta and fry the fish at the same time.
- Fry the fish in butter the skin down. Fry it until the skin is brown and crisp and the fillet is cooked half way through. Add some rosemary. Flip the fish and fry for another two minutes.
- Cook the pasta and pour it into a sieve. Heat the cream in the pasta pan, add the herbs, and fish stock and lemon juice. Let it come to a boil.
- Put the pasta back to the pan and mix well. Turn the heat down and let the pan on the stove for a minute. The pasta willa absorbe the sauce.
- Dish some pasta on a warmed plate, place the fish fillet on it and decorate with basil and parsley.